Haiti Marathon Story 2011

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Physically I've been home for a little over a week and yet my heart has never left Ouanaminthe. I am sure this sounds pretty cliche' but let me explain.... I've never felt more like myself than when I'm in serving in Haiti. When I am working with Pastor Willio, the staff of the school, and the children of the orphanage, I am able to let all of burdens fall to the floor. I never stress over what to wear or how I look. The laundry list of chores and work projects are forgotten. The debt I have incurred and the bills I have yet to pay are a temporary thing of the past. For those few days, I am filled with clear purpose. In this special time, I feel reconnected to the person God created me to be. I don't always feel this clarity when I am thrown into the day to day flow of my life. When I return home, I spend days telling stories, remembering funny happenings, reflecting on "God Moments," and recalling the smells and sounds of this beautiful country. Still, it's not enough to clearly bring Haiti to you in a tangible way. For this very reason, I feel led to bring people to Ouanaminthe, to do ministry together. I can't wait to bring my own family to this special place that brings such joy and peace to my heart. I don't know where to begin in telling these precious stories. I am only hopeful one day many of you will simply "experience" these stories first hand.

No comments: