Haiti Marathon Story 2011

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

World Changer!

OK, so I love to recognize "World Changers!" Please let me introduce you to Sara Gorman who has just jumped on board with the needs of the Haiti orphanage. Sara is one of those people you meet and just sense their faithfulness to God's calling on their life. She not only hears the call, she acts upon it. Sara wanted to help feed the children at the orphanage we serve, so she approached the school she works at, Christian Life School, and brought them right along side her hopeful project. In a very short amount of time, Sara's school had raised $650.00 for the food program. What an amazing feeling to know your faithfulness has fed kids for an entire month. What a true example Sara is in what it means to be relentless in missions.
SHE is a World Changer!
Sara, thank you for your generous heart and more importantly for hearing the call. Many many thanks to the students and families of Christian Life School in Wisconsin for your harmonious efforts in serving the children. A wise woman (uh-hum- Jan) told me, "God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called." Now I know she does not take credit for making up this nifty phrase, but what a profound statement! It's certainly given me a new look on serving. I don't have to work tirelessly in becoming the best at everything, I simply need to "listen" more intently to the specific call on my life. Way to go Sara for doing just that....

No comments: