Haiti Marathon Story 2011

Monday, February 1, 2010

Ouanaminthe Marathon

We have officially announced the Inaugural Ouanaminthe Marathon in Haiti. I was beyond thrilled to see so many runners show up for a 5 mile fun run, followed by coffee, bagels and a time of sharing for this unique and exciting event. I have never found comfort speaking in front of others, but this time was different. There was a certain peace and calm being surrounded by runners who graciously listened as I shared my heart and hope for Haiti. Their enthusiasm and support of this event was overwhelming and by the end of our time together, we had 18 people sign up to either run the marathon in Haiti or to be part of the fund raising efforts. It was incredible! Here is a copy of the flyer for anyone who is interested in participating in this exciting opportunity. Whether your running in Haiti, raising awareness, or fund raising in the US, we need your support!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Awesome! I know what you mean about being able to speak about Haiti. Sometimes I find I just cannot NOT speak about the people and children there. We need to be their voices so the rest of the world will know about them after they've faded from the media.